Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10. Symbol

 We have a symbol for Elijah-lions.

It stemmed from his nursery theme, before the notion of having to say goodbye was even in our mind.  Lions were my husband and I's favorite animal.  Everything we bought had this theme: clothes, toys and decorations.  On our honeymoon we even got a picture taking holding a lion club while at the MGM Grande in Vegas while I was pregnant.  We later buried this picture with Elijah.
Children's Hospital gave Elijah a lion "trauma bear".  We didn't even tell them that this was his theme.  
This theme carried on with his death.  As mentioned in previous posts, Elijah's grave marker has a lion Dave and I drew.  We also buy a lion themed Christmas decoration for each year passed as a way to remember him.
  Whenever I see anything with a lion on it I think of him.  Sometimes I'll put a lion symbol on cards because I want to sign his name along with the rest of the family but don't feel like its appropriate.
Here are a few of his lion themed keepsakes:

No comments:

Post a Comment