Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 15. WAVE of LIGHT


Today was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. For the past three years I have been participating in the wave of light by lighting a candle in memory of Elijah. Since I have a habit of setting off fire alarms I opted for the battery powered fake candles instead of the real ones. Something about fire and toddlers not mixing... They will stay on all night in honor of my son. I also wrote down the names of children I never got to meet in real life but met through the memories of their parents. For me the candle represents a flicker of hope. Hope that our child's end is a beginning in another chapter and the hope that one day we shall be reunited. It also lights the path of darkness in these dreary October nights and brings some comfort. Maybe I'm imagining Elijah and I sitting in front of the fireplace?
Today was an awareness day for so many other causes. So why is infant loss and pregnancy loss awareness important? Well to put it simply, 1 in every 4 women will suffer from some type of loss in her reproductive career. That's a pretty high statistic. So light a candle tonight at 7pm and hug an angel mom today, chances are she'll need it. I'll be lighting candles every night until the end of October with names of angel babies written in tiny heats. If you would like your angel included please let me know in the comments.
Here is my mantle with the candles still burning.  In the wider wine glass I have angel's names in it.  The other one is my pray request cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment