Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 9: Special Place

  I was trying to think of a special place that was shared between Elijah and I. If I had to choose, I would say it was during my honeymoon. We drove down the Oregon Coast stopping at a few different cities as we made our way down to Vegas. I was four months pregnant and my pregnancy was still a secret to most (due to certain circumstances we had to keep it hush hush until after I was married).  My most favorite stop was at Oceanside California.  We drove down in my husband's Porsche Boxster.  We sold the car a few  months later since we needed a car that we could put a carseat in and a two seater just wouldn't do.
   It was the most beautiful spot I had ever been, we were in a hotel right beside the ocean.  Elijah and I got the chance to go surfing.  Apparently a big storm blew through the day after we left so had we been a day later I wouldn't have had the opportunity.  It was also the first time I felt Elijah's first movements-little flutters.  It was such an exciting time.  Here my husband and I were newly weds with a family on its way.  Big dreams, big expectations.  I miss that innocence.  We buried Elijah with a onsie from Oceanside that said "Ipooed".  It was the first baby item we bought (aside from a pregnancy calendar my mom and I bought the day after I got a positive test).
On my honeymoon.

 Who could also forget Elijah's resting place?  It is in the perfect spot-under the shade of trees in a very peaceful location.  I use to go visit Elijah and sit under the trees on a park bench and have my lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment